Friday, July 20, 2012

Sunflowers

I know we still have several weeks of hot, dry summer ahead of us. It's supposed to be 107 here in Fort Worth tomorrow. But before we know it, it will be fall again. It shouldn't get over 100 then! Just kidding. I hope. There are sunflowers growing like crazy on the south side of my house. I have never watered them but they are glorious in spite of their neglect; or maybe because of it?


The butterflies and bees and certain tiny birds are having the times of their lives. Granted the butterflies and bees don't have a lengthy lifespan but they really don't seem depressed about it and they don't have anything better to do than to hang around my sunflowers.I love to make cuttings of them (the flowers not the critters) and place them around my house and in the shop but I always leave plenty for the birds and bugs and so they will re-seed. No worries about that usually, because they can be very invasive.
 The top flower is the bracelet and the bottom one is a brooch. It would be perfect on clothing, a straw purse or great floppy hat.

 We carry many beautiful flower pins in our shop created by a local artisan and friend. Her handwork is amazing. She brought these wonderful silk sunflowers just this morning. I will take orders for them by phone or email if you'd like one. The smaller is a bracelet and the larger flower pin are $42 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life detours

Life detours are similar to road detours. They take you through shortcuts, around obstacles, through obstacles and are supposed to keep yo...